Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Trail Running in Squamish

My friend Mike and I met while running the Nike ACG Kepler Challenge, a 60km trail run on the Kepler Track. We ran together for sections of this epic race until Mike boosted his pace in the final 20km to bring home a solid effort. I suffered the last 10km, battling all instincts to stop and beg for someone to carry me to the finish. When I heard Mike was heading to Whistler I knew that some running was in order. After all, what better way to enjoy a visit from a kiwi friend, than to hit the trails of Squamish and "enjoy" the joys and challenges of running in the last of the Spring snow cover.

Mike taking in the views of the Tantalus Range from the Valleycliff trails:

The Far Side Trail:





Running in the shadow of the Stawamus Chief:

No comments:

Post a Comment